The Wards are leaving the 1st of September. There are still a few things they want to do and see before they go, and fortunately, they allow all the rest of us to tag along! One of those things was to show us the Peguche Falls in Otavalo. It was a LOT better than the falls we saw in Mindo, mainly because the trail leading to the falls is built for old people.
This is a picture of Imbabura, the inactive volcano that towers over Otavalo. I have largely quit making you look at pictures of clouds, but hopefully you'll agree these are rather striking.
The people of Otavalo are very industrious. This woman was preparing to sell food. Later, there was a butchered pig hanging up where the pole is. Sorry I didn't get a picture of that. Well, not really.
As I said, industrious. These are some shops on the way to the path to the falls. By the way, I used a bathroom at Peguche. I had to pay a quarter. It was immaculate with decorative wooden doors on the stalls. The 25 cents included toilet paper. It was the best money I spent all day.
Yup, for old people.
And here's the falls.
And here's what the "not old people" do at the falls. Notice the man person whose idea of fun is to rappel down a waterfall. Steady there, Steve, Brandon, Chris and Cole.
This is Hermana Rose. Doesn't she shine?
Peguche Falls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment