Comings and Goings

Two weeks ago, it was "not change week." I call it that because we have done away with formal, official change weeks in the mission. But missionaries come and go on a regular schedule from the MTC, thus we still have to have changes, thus it's "not change week."

Here's some photos of departing missionaries:

Elder Katzenbach returned to Arizona. He's since sent us emails that he's engaged, that he's been pulled over for drunk driving, and I don't know what else. I think the Arizona heat has scrambled his brain. You may remember that his grandparents fellowshipped my mother in Ohio shortly after she joined the church.

Elder Philbrick, extreme climber. Now he doesn't have to worry about confessing to Hermana Ward about all the crazy things he does, including tightrope walking!

Hermana Sphar of Syracuse, Utah. She stayed in my apartment overnight when I first got here--she had only been here a few weeks herself. I so admire her command of the language.

We try to have a dinner for the missionaries in the office--especially when we know there's going to be a change in the office elders. After dinner, as we were taking pictures, they decided they wanted to do a "futbol" (i.e., soccer) team pose, thus the mean faces.


And one more. Elder Curtis is slightly vertically challenged. He stood on the chair in the office so he could be taller than Elder Katzenbach, for once.

 

No comments: