For Daxton

Daxton is my six-year-old grandson who lives in Phoenix. Ever since he learned there are volcanoes in Ecuador, his fondest wish has been that his grandma would capture pictures of one erupting. When we visit over skype, he frequently asks me to turn the camera so he can see Pichincha, the live (but inactive) volcano I can see from my windows.

Hermana Ward caught some great pictures of the two volcanoes you can see in Otavalo. The first is Imbabura, which is usually covered with clouds. It had snowed during the night and the clouds had not yet formed when she took this picture early in the morning.



I believe the other volcano you can see in Otavalo is Cayambe. I could be wrong about that. At any rate, Daxton, you can see two volcanoes. Unfortuately, neither one of them was erupting, but they were beautiful nonetheless.

 

No comments: