The truth is, President Sloan drives like a maniac. And he has Elder Pratt's approval to prove it. (Elder Pratt is the Area President and has lived in South America for 35 years. I'm going to try never to be a passenger in a car he drives.)
When I travel to zone conference, I have a choice of riding the buses with their incessant, eardrum-busting R-rated (and sometimes worse) movies, or riding with the Sloans in their nice, quiet, clean SUV. When I ride the bus, I can't see what is happening on the road. And I figure that in a bus-versus-car accident, the bus will win. When I ride with President Sloan, I can see what's happening on the road. I didn't know you could pass three abreast on a two-lane road. That means there's a slow-moving truck in the right-hand lane, a faster-moving bus passing the car, and President Sloan passing the bus. As Hermana Sloan says, she's learned there's always room for three.
I, on the other hand, have learned that faith and prayer are absolutely essential when traveling with President Sloan.
As we loaded into the car to begin yet another leg of our journey, President Sloan said to everyone in the car "Listo?" (Ready?) I was seated behind him. I grabbed the back of his seat with both hands and cried, "Listo, Presidente!"
I guess there's more than one reason to pray for the missionaries--especially the ones that ride with President Sloan and Elder Pratt.
Listo, Presidente!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We only had 2 or 3 vehicles in the mission I served (Kaohsiung Taiwan). However, they all had a sign in them that read, "Please drive this vehicle like its the Lord's, not like He's protecting it."
"Listo, Hermana G.?" That's what Pres. Sloan should say when you drive with them. I miss the Mission! Your blog is keeping us up on what is going on, thank you.
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment