Soy Misionera

My bags are packed. I'm looking at the top of my desk--a sight I haven't seen for months. The six pages of lists that I worked through in the just this past week are all checked off. The fridge is nearly empty. The next-to-the-last load of laundry is in the washer. My computer is backed up; I have money/credit card pockets sewn into my slips. We've taken a family picture and honed transportation plans for tomorrow.

Many tearful goodbyes were said today. I love each and every one of you, and am so grateful for the relationship we share. So many said, "God Speed." Thank you. To you I say, "Till we meet again."

An authorized servant of the Lord, President Douglas Wangsgard, laid his hands upon my head this evening and set me apart as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and thus I can say, "Soy misionera." I am a missionary. He also gave me a sweet and precious blessing of peace and comfort, as well as wisdom.

The preparation is done; the work begins. Everything I have done, all that I have learned will be used in this assignment. How grateful I am for a lifetime of preparation--and for the love and support of my friends, and the undaunted courage of my very brave children.

Hasta luego.

 

1 comment:

Kevan said...

Belive it or not, Terri and I are jealous! Though living in paradise, we understand the importance of what you are about to embark on, and the joy you will receive by serving the Lord. We also wish you 'God speed' and look forward to hearing about your wonderul adventure in the mission field! Kevan and Terri