One day while speaking with one of the finance guys, he used a word I didn't know, "cosecha." When I asked what it meant, it became clear that he was talking about the harvest. He mentioned the word in connection with a discussion about annual festivals here in Ecuador. He mentioned two cosecha festivals, one in March and one in October.
I asked him how many harvests there are in Ecuador. He said, "You put a seed in a ground and come back in a few months and harvest it."
I explained to him that where I come from, there is only one harvest a year. I think he was just as blown away as I was.
P.S. This has prompted some interesting questions in my mind. Does the Law of the Harvest have the same meaning and significance in Ecuador that it has in countries with one harvest? Does it make any sense to teach Relief Society sisters how to preserve food when the next crop is right (perhaps literally) around the corner?
Cosecha Means Harvest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment