"Ready for Assignment"

My bishop checked the status of my application today and found that it has made it through the preliminaries and is now listed as "ready for assignment." At the risk of being disrespectful, DUH!

The truth is, as I reflected over my life (what the heck else do I have to do?), I realized that Heavenly Father has graciously prepared me for service as a missionary, and I am indeed "ready for assignment." I have spent years learning the gospel so I could teach it, including a stint as gospel doctrine teacher. I have learned the art of leadership, the skill of delegation, and the tool of root cause identification as I have served as president of a business and president and counselors in various church organizations. I have learned how to serve in temples. My most recent assignment in my ward has been Family History Consultant, wherein I have learned much about the how to find ancestors. I have completed an English degree, and can read, write and analyze. And He has blessed me with a desire to serve in whatever capacity I am needed, wherever I am needed.

"Ready for Assignment?" You bet. Bring it.

 

No comments: